Saturday 28 April 2012

What a Small World!

Today I was at work and I took an order of a customer whose face looked really familiar. He looked just like my cousin who is currently studying for medicine in Australia. I could not keep my eyes off this person while I was taking his order. He had to be someone I know! He could not possibly be my cousin considering he lives sooo far away from Winnipeg! Seriously, who was he? I was thinking to myself, he was probably one of the people who I met from volunteering. Then I saw him glancing at me for 2 whole seconds when I was getting his drink. okay....That's weird!! We didn't say anything to each other. Then he sat down and began to have his meal.
This was one of those things that would totally bug me for the entire night if I didn't figure out who he really was so I went up to him and asked if we had met before. He looked right at me and called my name out. He recognized me!! He WAS my cousin from Australia!!!!!! It was the craziest moment ever. Apparently, he just arrived in Winnipeg yesterday. He is here for his clinical practice which takes place at HSC.
It was very unreal for for me to see his appearance in Winnipeg unexpectedly! He had no idea where I worked beforehand, it's just happened to be a coincidence that we ran into each other. Seriously, what were the chances that we would run into each other in Winnipeg on his 2nd day of his arrival! What a small world! Apparently, he wanted to say something when he saw me but he did not want to make things weird if he recognized me as the wrong person, which was totally understandable! Anyways, we chatted for a bit and we're going to get together tomorrow!!!! I'm so excited!
That was my adventure at work today. This totally made my day! It is indeed true that this is a SMALL world!

2 comments: